What paperwork is required for my TSA precheck appointment in 2023?

  • Be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
  • Be at least 18 years old.
  • Have a valid passport or permanent resident card.
  • Pay a non-refundable application fee of $85.
  • Pass a background check.
  • Provide fingerprints.

citizens, nationals, or lawful permanent residents of the United States

During the application procedure, you must present an original or certified copy* of identification or citizenship status papers, and the names on all documents must exactly match those on the application. If you have legally changed your name, you must also submit the relevant documents along with an original or certified name change document (such as a marriage certificate or divorce decision).

Visit an application center with one of the List A papers.

Please refer to List B documents if you don’t have a document from List A.

List A

1.US Passport (book or card) that has not expired

2.Enhanced Tribal Card (ETC) that has not expired

3.Free and Secure Trade (FAST) Card that is still valid

4.Enhanced Identification Card (EID) or U.S. Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL) that is still valid

5.The “Green Card” or Permanent Resident Card (I-551) is a common term.

6.Foreign passport that is still valid and an immigrant visa with the annotation “Upon Endorsement Serves as Temporary I-551 Evidencing Permanent Residence of 1 Year”

7.(I-327) Unexpired Re-entry Permit

*A document must be issued by a Federal, State, Tribal, county, municipal authority, or outlying possession bearing an official seal in order to be considered an original or certified copy. Birth certificates in short form or abstract, as well as certified copies of papers, are not accepted.

List B

If you don’t have a document from List A, you must have at least two other documents. The records must contain

1.A legitimate picture ID 

2.A document that satisfies the criteria for citizenship. (For instance, one record from each column below)

Valid Photo ID

1.A valid driver’s license issued by a State or an American territory.

2.Temporary license that hasn’t expired combined with a license that has (creates one document).

3.a picture ID card with a valid expiration date that was issued by the federal government, a state, or an  American territory. This must have a federal, state, or state agency seal or emblem (such an identification card from a state institution). Permits, such as those for carrying firearms, are not accepted as legal identification.

4.U.S. military ID that has not expired

5.Unused U.S. military ID card for the retired

6.U.S. military ID card that has not expired

7.tribe Native American document with a picture

8.Unexpired Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC), issued by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).

9.Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC), valid

Valid Citizenship Documents

1.U.S. Birth Certificate

2.American citizenship certificate (N-560 or N-561)

3.American Naturalization Certificate (N-550 or N-570)

4.Identification Card for U.S. Citizens (I-179 or I-197)

5.(FS-240) Consular Report of Birth Abroad

6.Birth Abroad Report Certification (DS-1350 or FS-545)

7.U.S. passport that expired within a year of its expiration

**If a passport is out of date, it cannot be used as a List A document. It may be used if it hasn’t expired in the last 12 months, but only as evidence of citizenship (List B). Additionally, a U.S. passport that has expired cannot be submitted on its own. At least one additional List B document must be supplied with it.

  • February 24, 2024

Tap Portugal TSA Precheck

Tap Portugal and TSA PreCheck: Streamlining Your Journey Across...

  • February 24, 2024

Turkish Airlines TSA Precheck

Soar Smoothly with Turkish Airlines: Your Guide to TSA...

  • February 24, 2024

TSA Precheck and DUI