Here are some steps to check TSA precheck application status online.
- Go to the TSA PreCheck website: https://tsa.gov/precheck.
- Click on the “Check My Service Status” link.
- Enter your Known Traveler Number (KTN) and date of birth.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
Your application status will be displayed on the screen. The possible statuses are:
TSA Precheck status marks
- Your application is still being processed.
- Your application has been approved and you will receive your KTN in the mail within 3-5 days.
- Your application has been declined. You will receive a letter in the mail explaining the reason for the denial.
- You have previously applied for TSA PreCheck and your application was denied. You can reapply by clicking on the “Reapply” link.
If you have any questions about your application status, you can contact the TSA PreCheck call center at 1-855-347-8277.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when checking your TSA PreCheck application status:
- You can only check your status online. You cannot call the TSA PreCheck call center or email them to inquire about your status.
- If you have forgotten your KTN, you can request a new one on the TSA PreCheck website.
- The TSA PreCheck website is updated every 24 hours, so you may need to wait 24 hours before checking your status if you have recently submitted your application.
For any further information on related topics for TSA Precheck application we have a general information available here