TSA Precheck with FAST
There’s some good news and a little clarification needed regarding TSA PreCheck and FAST!
- FAST does include TSA PreCheck benefits! If you’re enrolled in FAST (which speeds up your land border crossings between the US and Canada or Mexico), you automatically receive TSA PreCheck privileges as well.
- This means you’ll enjoy expedited security screening at participating TSA checkpoints within the US, with benefits like:
- Shorter wait times: About 99% of TSA PreCheck passengers wait less than 10 minutes in security lines.
- No need to remove shoes, belts, 3-1-1 liquids, laptops, or light jackets.
- Streamlined screening process: Keep your shoes on, leave your liquids and laptop in your bag, and simply walk through the metal detector.
- While FAST grants you TSA PreCheck access, the reverse isn’t true. Being enrolled in TSA PreCheck doesn’t automatically give you FAST privileges for faster land border crossings.
So, if you’re already part of FAST, you’re all set to breeze through TSA security lines with PreCheck! If you’re interested in FAST but not yet enrolled, you can find more information and apply through the US Customs and Border Protection website: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs