- TSA PreCheck is a program that allows eligible travelers to skip the standard security screening lines at participating airports. This means that you can keep your shoes, belt, and light jacket on, and you won’t have to remove your laptop or liquids from your bag.
- TSA PreCheck is available at all security checkpoints at MSP airport.
- To be eligible for TSA PreCheck, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Pass a background check.
- Pay a $85 application fee.
TSA Wait Times at Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP):
Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP) is the largest airport in Minnesota and the 16th busiest airport in the United States. It is a major hub for Delta Air Lines and Sun Country Airlines.
TSA wait times at MSP Airport can vary depending on the time of day, day of the week, and season. During peak travel times, such as the summer months and holidays, wait times can be longer.
Here is a table of average TSA wait times at MSP for different times of day and day of the week:
Time of Day
Day of Week
Average Wait Time (minutes)
|Weekday mornings||Monday-Friday||5 minutes|
|Weekday afternoons||Monday-Friday||10 minutes|
|Weekend mornings||Saturday-Sunday||15 minutes|
|Weekend afternoons||Saturday-Sunday||20 minutes|
The TSA website provides real-time wait time information for all of the security checkpoints at MSP. You can also use the MyTSA app to check wait times before you go to the airport.
How to Avoid Long TSA Wait Times at MSP Airport
There are a few things you can do to avoid long TSA wait times at MSP Airport:
- Travel during off-peak times. If you can, try to travel during the weekdays or early in the morning.
- Check TSA wait times before you go. The TSA website and MyTSA app provide real-time wait time information for all of the security checkpoints at MSP.
- Use TSA PreCheck or Clear. TSA PreCheck and Clear are expedited security programs that allow you to skip the standard security screening lines.
- Pack light. The less you have to take off and put through the X-ray machine, the faster you will get through security.
- Be prepared. Have your boarding pass and ID ready and know what you need to remove from your bag.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that you have a smooth and efficient security screening experience at MSP.
Other Tips for Avoiding Long TSA Wait Times
- Arrive at the airport early. This will give you plenty of time to check in, go through security, and find your gate.
- Be aware of the prohibited items list. You don’t want to have to go through the hassle of having your items confiscated.
- Be patient and understanding. The TSA officers are doing their job to keep you safe.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your trip through the airport is as smooth and efficient as possible.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when trying to avoid long TSA wait times at MSP:
- The security checkpoints at MSP are busiest in the morning and evening, especially on weekdays.
- The security checkpoints in Terminal 1 tend to be busier than the security checkpoints in Terminal 2.
- If you are traveling with a lot of luggage, you may want to consider using the expedited security screening lanes.
- If you are traveling with children, you may want to consider using the family security screening lanes.
By arriving early, packing light, and being prepared, you can avoid long wait times and get to your gate on time.
deodorant as a liquid TSA – Everything you need to know
Deodorant as a Liquid TSA: A Comprehensive Guide Introduction...Read More