Here are the TSA PreCheck enrollment requirements for kids:
- Kids 12 and under can accompany an enrolled parent or guardian in the TSA PreCheck lanes without restriction.
- Kids 13-17 can join enrolled adults when traveling on the same reservation and if the TSA PreCheck indicator appears on the child’s boarding pass.
- Kids 17 and under who will be traveling alone or without a TSA PreCheck-eligible
To apply for TSA PreCheck, kids 17 and under will need to:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Be at least 12 years old.
- Provide proof of identity and citizenship or permanent residency.
- Pay an application fee.
- Have their fingerprints taken.
Once the application process is complete, kids will receive a Known Traveler Number (KTN) . This KTN will need to be associated with TSA PreCheck eligible airlines
Here are some additional tips for TSA PreCheck enrollment requirements for kids :
- Enroll your child at the same time you enroll yourself. This will save you time and hassle.
- Make sure your child has all of the required documentation. This includes their proof of identity and citizenship or permanent residency.
- Schedule an appointment at a TSA PreCheck enrollment center. This will help to ensure that you and your child are seen quickly and efficiently.
- Arrive at your appointment on time. This will help to ensure that you have enough time to complete the enrollment process.
By following these tips, you can help to ensure that your child has a smooth and efficient TSA PreCheck enrollment experience.